Make an easy but delicious classic Mexican breakfast! Huevos rancheros “ranch eggs” is a typical breakfast dish consisting of eggs smothered in cooked salsa and served on hot corn tortillas.
Common accompaniments include refried beans, Mexican-style rice, slices of avocado, and cilantro as a garnish.
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion
- Cooking salt to taste
- 250g refried black beans
- 250g salsa Roja
- 1 cup Shredded Monterey Jack
- 4 large eggs
- 4 corn tostadas
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 tbsp. freshly chopped cilantro
- Hot sauce (optional)
- Sour cream (optional)
1. Chop onion and Preheat oven to 400º
2. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onions and cook until soft, around 5 minutes. Season with black pepper, and salt.
3. Add black beans and salsa to skillet and stir to combine.
4. Create four wells with a spoon and crack in eggs. Season with salt & black pepper. Sprinkle all over with cheese.
5. Bake until egg whites are set and yolks still runny, 8 to 10 minutes.
6. Plate on top of tostada. Garnish with avocado and cilantro, we recommend adding some hot sauce and sour cream too!