Tlacoyo is one of the many corn based dishes in Mexico. Prepare this delicious Mexican snack based on corn dough, stuffed with refried beans and your favorite guisado or vegetable as toppings.
INGREDIENTS (8 Tlacoyos):
- Sour cream
- Fresh Pico de Gallo
- Freshly Made Guacamole
- Soy Meat (Vegan option)
- Form balls of dough the size of Golf balls, roll it between your hands and flatten it to form a disc of around 15cm and set on the side on top a towel to avoid sticking on a surface.
- Mix refried beans with cayenne pepper and cumin powder for a more intense flavor.
- Add about 1-1 / 2 tablespoons of refried beans in the middle and fold the disk in half, and seal the edges like a dumpling.
- Place the Tlacoyo in the hot pan and grill on each side for about 2-3 minutes, depending on the thickness.
- Serve with your favorite meat or veggie replacement and top it with guacamole, sour cream, and cilantro.
Recipe by Patricia Klammers
Patricia is a plant-based food aficionado originally from Colombia, her love for food, traveling and exploring other cultures has made her cousin unique through global influence. From reinvented traditional Colombian food she grew up eating to the Asian food she has gotten to know over the last years, her recipes bring something unique and healthy to the table Learn more about Patricia here.