This vibrant vegan-friendly Green mole is quick and easy to do unlike traditional Mexican moles and its healthier too. This recipe uses roasted squash, but feel free to swap in any roasted vegetable of your preference.
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 smashed garlic
- 1 poblano Chile finely sliced
- 1/4 onion chopped
- 1 Yellow Serrano Chile sliced
- 1 cup finely chopped tomatillos
- 1 cup roasted pistachios
- 1 cup fresh cilantro (coriander)
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen spinach
- 1 cup water
- 2 hoja Santa leaves ( optional)
- Cooking salt to taste
- Grilled pumpkin, squash or any roasted vegetable
- Yellow Corn tortillas
- In a medium pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat, sauté garlic and onion and cook until translucent for about 3 min.
- Add the chopped tomatillos and cook until soft, then, add water and the roasted pistachios and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the mix to a blender, add the fresh cilantro leaves, spinach and hoja Santa (optional) and blend until the mix is creamy season, with salt to taste.
- Serve with grilled pumpkin or squashes, and warm tortillas.
Recipe by Patricia Klammers
Patricia is a plant-based food aficionado originally from Colombia, her love for food, traveling and exploring other cultures has made her cuisine unique through global influence. From reinvented traditional Colombian food she grew up eating to the Asian food she has gotten to know over the last years, her recipes bring something unique and healthy to the table Learn more about Patricia here.